[mythtv-users] Setup Questions (kernel/second tuner

Joel Anderson myth at jobless.ca
Tue Jul 13 11:43:11 EDT 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Gregory J. McGee wrote:
>
>> OEM M179s are now $49 at Frys. I bought another one, just because.
>> They work beautifully under MDK10 with thacs rpms.
>> Never had a single issue.
>>
>> Running 3 weeks now.
>>

> Got a link?
>
> Kevin

I bought 2 of them last week from http://www.outpost.com/, but I don't
see them there any more.

I thought it would be a great deal, 2 for the price of 1 PVR-250. So far
no joy, very "noisy" picture on both of them.  I can't (won't) even use
them right now, the picture is that bad.  I tried every trick I can find
posted on this list with no major improvement.

Maybe I'm missing something, but my PVR-250 is perfect in the same
system.  I say spend the extra cash and go with the PVR-250, less
headaches.  MHO, of course.

Joel