[mythtv-users] avidemux2 command line? nuv -->> DVD

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:02:05 EDT 2004

 	I do basically the same thing, but I have figured out how to coerce
avidemux2 into doing some things via the command line.  I run the gui manually
to cut out commercials and then save the edit list.  After that, running the
appropriate command line flags (check with avidemux --help) I can get it to
demux.

 	I actually capture at a non-DVD resolution (640x480) and then 2pass
encode at 352x480.  I'd like to run it from the card directly, but I can get
better quality per disk space with offline MPEG2 encoding can do a better job
than the PVR250 at low resolutions.  I can actually get all that done via a
script that calls avidemux manually.

 	Be careful with the mplex.  My .nuv's from the PVR250 have a
video/audio offset (usually mplex -O 3003mpt).  There also appears to be a bug
in mplex that does some integer overflow around 66ms specified offset.  I
haven't ferreted that out yet.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*