[mythtv-users] Help with Sound Card in /home/mythtv/.asoundrd

mythtv at cable.megitt.com mythtv at cable.megitt.com
Tue Jul 13 12:26:35 EDT 2004

Hi All;

I've finally started on this project, and I am stuck.  I am not too sure
what to put in for the following file:

The section of the documentation says:  Next, create a .asoundrc file for
your mythtv user (full path of /home/mythtv/.asoundrc). Just make a new
text file called .asoundrc like so (adjust for your specific card):

-----

My /etc/modules.conf looks like this:

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias eth0 b44
#alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
#post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
#pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 || :
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6106
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.5 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Any help is definately appreciated....

Cory