[mythtv-users] avidemux2 command line? nuv -->> DVD

Geoff at Hundekeandroyal dot com mythtv at hundekeandroyal.com
Tue Jul 13 15:12:04 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> Looks like this relies on transcode, and transcode only works with
>> mpeg2-based nuv files.  If you're poor like me and don't have one of
>> those fancy cards, it doesn't do any good.  ;)

So, do I understand this right?  Using a PVR-*50 card, you are creating
MPEG2 files that are just named *.nuv.  The MPEG2 is not actually
dropped into the nuv container.  So, when not using an encoding card,
but using software encoding, you get a true nuv file...?

> Oops, I'm wrong on this.  it uses nuvexport.  heh.  Really should
> integrate all of these myth-related transcoding tools (like into
> mythtranscode -- one source, and C code, to get all of this info).
>
> -Chris

Since it uses nuvexport, won't is support nuv files that come from
software encoding?

I'm still confused as to whether or not this add-on would work and
accomplish the same tasks as the parent poster described.

My former assertion still stands...I'm no expert.  Adjust flames
accordingly ;)

Geoff