[mythtv-users] via epia m10k mythfrontend > 90% cpu load

maestro waggawagga at gmx.net
Tue Jul 13 20:24:45 EDT 2004

hm does X to be run as root aswell? i set mythfrontend setuid root ug+s
and that helped with libddmpeg.
i changed the via_drv.o
/usr/X11R6/lib//usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/via_drv.o
for the one from the self compiled XFree (4.3.99-902) stated in some
howto.
the problem with the grey fog and the picture moved to the side is gone
with that (aswell as the DRI support, but i can live with that, at least
for the moment)
so for the moment i'm happy that everything works just as it is supposed
to do.
i still have 2 questions:

1) i'm missing about 10-20 pixels on each side of the picture (panels
not visible and tv-image cut off) some guy on the viaarena - os-forum
told me that's because of Option "TVVScan" "over" in XFConfig-4 and that
theres nothing to do about that, is that true? (without overscan there
are ugly borders around the picture)

2) is it possible to specify a channel on another input than the tuner?
my parents posess a b&o television set with a built in sat-tuner so i
cant use the output of that, but the television has an s-video output
(which shows exactly whats currently displayed on tv afaik) that i could
connect to the s-video input of my pvr250.
how do i setup my mythbox that s-video in is e.g. on channel 99 or some
other channel.

so long & thanks once again
maestro

Am Die, den 13.07.2004 schrieb Kevin Barsby
 um 23:22: