[mythtv-users] Re: New Nvidia Gforce Drivers vs XVMC (SOLVED)

dean vanden heuvel deanv at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 00:41:38 EDT 2004

I have now been successful in getting XvMC to work with my setup.  I followed the steps below, which for me, since I already had loaded the new 6106 drivers simply meant a new compile/load of Mythtv.  I am a Gentoo user, so that meant a new *emerge* which resulted in getting version 0.15-r1, and upgrade from my 0.15.  No more crashes, and I believe that the XvMC is operational.

Now another issue...seems there are some relatively obvious interlace remnants after using XvMC. Without the ability to apply *filters* with XvMC, I may need to abandon it, but for now, I will try to live with it.

My HDTV can accept a 1920x1080i signal (via an RGB connection), but I have not yet been able to get this mode successfully installed.  I can drive the TV to this resolution, but it does not appear to be interlaced. Anyone using nvidia to drive this resolution?

-dvh