[mythtv-users] Composite1?

Schlomo Schapiro ivtv at schlomo.schapiro.org
Wed Jul 14 09:55:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am also fighting with this problem, here what I found out:

- switching inputs with C works well
- Defining a channel for the composite works also well

(I setup a second video source and connected it to the corresponding
composite4 input on my pvr 250)

What doesn't work at all is recording from the composite input. If I
record while having switched with C, it records from the tuner channel I
was watching before.

If I tune to the composite input with as a normal channel, then I cannot
record, nothing happens (a "QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range"
error message is produced). I also managed once to get the channel defined
so, that it is connected to some xmltv Programm, then I was able to record
only a program as defined there (which is quite pointless for a camera or
video tape).

What did work, was to define a manual recording. But this is not very
practical for converting something from a camera or VCR.

Why can't the normal Record button not work without the channel having an
associated programme information ?

And BTW, the GUI doesn't really allow to set an input that doesn't have a
tuner associated at all. Seems to me like the whole topic of non-tuner
input is not yet well enough developed in mythtv.

So the question of composite input is not a RTFM issue, there are some
real problems there.

To the developers: Is there any improvemend planned for this issue ?

Regards,
Schlomo

--
Regards,