[mythtv-users] Questions about EPIA M10k and PVR350

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Wed Jul 14 11:39:09 EDT 2004

> 1. DVD and video playback is very slow, using Xine (or mplayer for that
> matter). Is there some way to speed it up?
Are you using the PVR-350 for TV output?  If so, you should use the
enhanced X driver for use with the PVR-350 framebuffer, and not the
standard fbdev driver.  This gives fairly good results, although there
I get video tearing issues.  If you are already using the x driver,
then I'm not sure what to try.

> 2. I get good sound through the s-video ==> SCART cable that came with
> my pvr350, I can't seem to get anything but noise if i loop back the
> TV-out to audio to the line-in of my epia soundcard. Any ideas?
If you're using the SCART cable that came with the PVR-350, the 3.5mm
flying lead that also comes out of the same lead isn't the audio that
goes out to the decoder.  I think it's actually the the audio of what
the encoder is actually receiving at that point, which isn't a lot of
good if you're time shifting.

Cheers,

       Steve
--