[mythtv-users] password german mythfilldatabase --manual

schwientek at web.de schwientek at web.de
Thu Jul 15 10:25:52 EDT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2004 09:35 schrieb Timo Boettcher:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> * Steffen Schwientek <schwientek at web.de>, Thursday, July 15, 2004,
> 8:43:56

AM:
> > Hope here are some other german speaking people here.
> >
> > Iīll need to run mythfilldatabase --manual to gather the program
> > information. The Program tries to connect to
> > http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService, but
> > fails, because this site can only be accessed with a proper
> > user/password combination.
> >
> > Even If I had such an combination, how could I tell mythfilldatabase
> > to use ist? There is no manpage for this program.
> >
> > Is there an other way to get the channel information? Iīll have an
> > budget DVB-Sat card, and I need the programes for the ASTRA
> > sattelite.
>
> Yes, there are programs that get the informations out of the
> data-stream from the tv-card.
> And there are perl-based spiders around, that get the epg-data from
> websites like prisma-online.de

OK, I tried tv_grab_de_tvtoday, but it seems, that this only aquire the
actual programe, not the frequencies needed for the sattelite.

Iīll have an (ascii) coded channels.conf (from szap and xine), which
could tell the right frequencies, but I donīt know how to feed the
database with this.

Of course, I donīt know if this grabber fills the mysql database, all
information are shown in the console (itīs still running)

Steffen