[mythtv-users] MythMusic -how do you organize your music?

Devon Jones devon.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:11:47 EDT 2004

> Data problems aside, if the files have good tags (including year in
> your case) a database solution for flexable display is far superior
> than having to organize files in a directory hierarchy.
>
> Doing so allows you to solve the problem of multiple artists on a
> track, various artist albums, multiple genres for a track (or album),
> etc.  You can do much more dynamic sorting with good metadata to start
> with.
>
> -John

Not that myth is capable of multiple artists per song or multipel
genres per song...at least as far as I can see.  "Tool & BT" is not AN
artist, it's two....and it's not like there isn't a ton of music out
there that has artists collaborating on music.

Same thing with Genres.  Nine inch nails is not *just* industrial.
it's also Hard Alternative, Rock, and multiple others.  Any solution
that rests on a single genre is flawed IMHO

- Devon