[mythtv-users] 2xPVR 250's and Myth Backend

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Thu Jul 15 12:41:52 EDT 2004

"Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> The setup is exactly the same for a pair of PVR-250 cards as it is for an M179
> and a PVR-250.

     That's true, unless you have one of the (newer???) PVR-250 cards
that aren't recognized by ivtv.

     I just bought a brand-new, shrink-wrapped retail PVR-250, and ivtv
would not properly recognize it.  Watching TV would only result in snow.
I was finally able to fix it by editing /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv
(knoppmyth) and changing:

	options tuner type=2

to:

	options tuner type=39