[mythtv-users] New Computer Advice

Russ bigrig64 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 21:21:05 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>For the dedicated boxes I plan on getting 2 PVR 350. Both boxes are
>>1ghz, 512ram with on-board video and sound. Will that be a problem
>>(these will be hooked to TV's only)?
>>

>Nope. Do you plan on hooking to the TVs via the 350's output? If not, there's
>no reason to get 350s over 250s.

Yes, from the 350 card to the TV.

How hard is it to network the different boxes together? All my computers
in the house have access to the net through my D-Link router which is
connected to my cable modem (comcast cable). Non of my computers can see
each other because I have never tried to do it (no need actually). I
have Win98, WinXP, and Linux (sort of well rounded eh).

Thanks
Russ