[mythtv-users] New Computer Advice

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Fri Jul 16 12:12:20 EDT 2004

Speaking of the pcHDTV card.  If you are thinking of using this card someday and watch OTA high-def - make sure you get something faster then a P4 3.0GHz processor.  My 2.6GHz is just enough (and that's only if I run with XvMC enabled).

I'm in the market for a 3.2G processor so I can help smooth out some of the jitter with my 2.6G processor.  I wish I had known this when I bought my parts for mythtv. :)

-John