[mythtv-users] Dual processors -- better than single fast processor?

Jonathan Wiebe jwiebe at intermaptechnologies.com
Fri Jul 16 12:42:49 EDT 2004

I'm curious what are your experiences?

>From the documentation I've read a single PIII 1Ghz processor is able to
encode mpeg4 and allow tv watching (live tv - encoding and decoding,
with no encoding done in hardware).  If for example I wanted to build a
backend server is it better to look at a dual PIII 1Ghz motherboard or a
single processor board with a higher powered processor, say 2.6GHz?

How mutltithread friendly is MythTv?

Jonathan

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information in this email is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain privileged and confidential information.  If you have
received this communication in error, any use, copying or dissemination
of its contents is strictly prohibited.  Please erase all copies of the
message along with any included attachments and notify Intermap
Technologies or the sender immediately by telephone at the number
indicated on this page.