[mythtv-users] tuning for channels

Mark Maas mark at menem.mine.nu
Sat Jul 17 08:35:44 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

Well, oh dear, tried installing Mythtv... what a hellish week that was!

First tried installing Mandrake 10.0 but the IVTV driver for my Hauppauge
PVR350 would not compile, missing symbol error's

Then I tried Mandrake 9.2, Same problems...

The I went on with Debian Sarge, which compiled the driver just fine (good ol'
Debian)

So now i'm almost there i think, i can view static. On all channels.. Much
fun ;-)

so, for my question: How do I tune for channels? How do I set them up? I did
tv_grab_nl --configure, I filled the database using mythfilldatabase, and
that should be it right?

So where does one enter the frequency's for the channels so that I can
actually view tv, instead of static?

Thanks!
Mark