[mythtv-users] Dual processors -- better than single fast processor?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Jul 17 10:45:52 EDT 2004

Op zaterdag 17 juli 2004 03:11, schreef Bryan Simmons:
> The only limitation for me seems to be disk access.  I found out, the
> hard way, that I can't record video and copy files at the same time.

That's crappyness in the kernel, I think an elevator (the thingy that decides
when to load/write what data) similar to the new process scheduler in kernel
2.6 might help. More disk acces would mean less disk priority.

As a fix now, I remember there exists a patch that takes the niceness level
and uses it for disk priority. Never tried to use it though.

	Henk Poley <><