[mythtv-users] New recordings option

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Sat Jul 17 23:35:46 EDT 2004

On Jul 17, 2004, at 6:50 PM, James Armstrong wrote:

> Curtis Stanford wrote:

>>> *sigh* then we're done.  If you can't be bothered to follow the
>>> conventions of the list, I can't be bothered to help you..  Guess who
>>> wrote the feature you're talking about?
>>>

>> Well, if this is all something we've agreed to, fine. Seems kind of
>> anal to me. All I could see was one guy saying "Don't top post" over
>> and over again. Like any democracy, I have to go along with the
>> majority, even if I don't like it. So, can you help me out now??
>>
> While were at it, why it is to important to top post? I agree, I have
> to scroll down to the bottom of each message just to read the new
> part, skipping past the replied messages that I have already read
> previously to get to the new part. ;(
>
> - James

Hey, let's face it. This list has so many messages that I'm really not
interested in most of them. I hit delete just reading the stuff at the
top and stop when I see something interesting to me or something I can
perhaps answer. If the new stuff is at the bottom, most likely I will
skip right by unless the Subject line draws my attention. Like I said,
if it makes the mailing list more manageable or more searchable, that's
cool. But, in my regular e-mail life, I'm a top-posting dude. For the
threads I'm interested in, I've read all the previous messages already
and don't need to scroll through them again.

Enough about that, let's get back to TV watchin' !