[mythtv-users] Guide/Advice/HOWTO for installing MythTV on SuSE 9.1 Pro

Richard Mixon (qwest) rnmixon at qwest.net
Sun Jul 18 14:28:43 EDT 2004

I saw an earlier thread from July 12 that mentions the
location/availability of RPMs for SuSE 9.1.
  >> Rpm's for SUSE 9 & 9.1 can be found here:
  >> http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/apt/suse/
  >>
  >> Kindly provided by Øystein Olsen......bloody nice bloke :)
  >...But if SuSE works now, definitely go for those rpms. The biggest
gotcha on
  >SuSE is the need for a custom Qt (also provided there), since the one
  >distributed by SuSE is broken.

I have gotten KnoppMyth installed, but would really be happier on SuSE,
just because I know it (a little) and work with it on my day job. So
before really getting KnoppMyth hooked up, I'm going to start trying to
get MythTV and SuSE 9.1 Pro working.

When I look at the MythTV.org documentation it appears oriented towards
compiling from source. Realizing that whatever guide I use, I am going
to have to extrapolate to SuSE, are there preferable HOWTO's that I
should use as a general guide. For example would Jarod Wilson's Fedora
FC1 HOWTO be more appropriate?

My hardware is as follows:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VAXP, with 512MB RAM
- Processor: Athlon XP 2100
- Video: NVideo MX440 with TV/OUT (TV chip is covered with foil, not
sure which it is)
- Tuner: AverMedia M179
- Hard Drive: Western Digita 200GB

Thanks in advance - Richard