[mythtv-users] RE: Backend crashing a lot; unable to get backtrace!

Fa Yoeu fayoeu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:35:51 EDT 2004

Try generating a core file while running it normally, but set the
ulimit for core files to be unlimited before running it:

ulimit -c unlimited

When the program crashes, it will generate a core file, then start gdb
with the core file:

gdb <path to mythbackend or frontend> corefile

You can get backtraces and stuff here.