[mythtv-users] Re: Custom Modeline

Jim Sager jim.sager at turner.com
Mon Jul 19 11:42:27 EDT 2004

Cory,

Excuse my ignorance with respect to modelines. I have read through the
discussion here and I have a question regarding underscanning the PVR-350
TV-Out - can it be done using the modeline settings? Basically this is the
setting that I currently have (found in myth setup documentation):

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier  "NTSC Monitor"
        HorizSync  30-68
        VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
          # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
          DotClock 34.564
          HTimings 720 752 840 928
          VTimings 480 484 488 504
          Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

I currently have myth set to reduce the display size to 624x440 in order to
fit in the TV screen (also have it running in a window since the x and y
offsets don't appear to work unless you do so). Can the modeline settings be
used to reduce the size of the visible picture and produce the correct offset
to center it on the screen? I am truly showing my ignorance here with respect
to modeline settings as well as an understanding of the hardware that's
involved.

Thanks,
Jim

--