[mythtv-users] what are you recording (take 2)

rbsteffes at nc.rr.com rbsteffes at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 13:13:08 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Joel Anderson <myth at jobless.ca>
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:24 am
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] what are you recording (take 2)

> John Kuhn wrote:
> > summer months are on us and I'm not finding much to record these
> days..
> > i thought if we sparked up a new "what are you watching thread"
> we could
> > get ideas of new shows to watch..
> >
> > my current line-up is
> >
> > American Chopper
> > Boiling Points
> > Chappelles Show
> > Viva La Bam
> > Wild Boyz
> > MythBusters
> > BIG
> > Monster House
> > Trading Spaces
> > Pimp My Ride
> > Monster Garage
> > The Magic School Bus (kids)
> > Bernstien bears (kids)
> >
> > lots of other stuff that is off-season and not recording
> currently..
> > (hence this email :)
> >
> > --John
> >

> Your list looks a lot like mine, except the kids shows.  A few
> more
> shows that appear to have new episodes lately, at least on cable:
>
> Rides
> Overhaulin'
> The Osbournes
>
> Joel

The Food Network is woefully underrepresented on these lists!

These are roughly my ALWAYS recording priorities:

+2 Conan O'Brian
+2 Monk
+2 Joan of Arcadia
+2 CSI
+2 The Daily Show
+2 Road Rules - Extreme:Chile
+1 Good Eats
+1 South Park
+1 Star Trek TNG
+1 Graham Norton Effect
+0 Highlander
+0 Mythbusters
+0 The Dead Zone
+0 Punk'd
+0 Iron Chef: America
+0 How to Boil Water
+0 Double Agents
-1 Pimp My Ride
-1 Iron Chef
-1 30 Minute Meals
-1 The Simpsons
-1 King of the Hill
-2 Unwrapped
-2 Best Of...
-2 American Chopper
-2 Trading Spaces
-2 Boiling Points
-2 Golden Girls (I know, don't ask)

+ Movies

Surprisingly, I'm quickly filling up my brand new Barracude 200Gb.