[mythtv-users] Having trouble with remote frontend encoder

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Wed Jul 21 22:42:08 EDT 2004

I can't seem to get Encoder 2 (PVR-250_ on my remote mythtv frontend to
successfully connect to my backend (with another PVR-250 encoder), and
therefore can't record two programs at the same time.  I know this may
sound lame (honestly, I don't know where to find other debug information
on this problem; Linux newbie), but here is the Encoder status from Mythweb:

Encoder 1 is local on localhost.localdomain and is not recording.
Encoder 2 is remote on mythtv (currently not connected).

I tried clearing my capture card settings using $mythtvsetup on the
backend, specifying the backend capture card there first, then running
$mythtvsetup again on the remote frontend and specifying the other card
there, but I'm still getting the same problem.

I'm thinking this may have something to do with the Network settings,
specifically the fact that my backend server is set at
localhost.localdomain.  However, chainging this setting appears to
involve a lot of changes to the mythconverg database.

Any ideas how to debug this problem?  Is there something I'm just
missing on how to get a second encoder card working on my remote frontend?

-Alex