[mythtv-users] Problem with MythMusic player

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Wed Jul 21 23:55:01 EDT 2004

I installed recently MythTV and all the Myths plugins, including the
MythMusic plugin.

I am able to rip a CD, but I am not able to play the CD or the ripped
files. When trying to play anything with MythMusic I receive the
following error:

a serie of identical messages (they are in French since its my locale)

open: Aucun fichier ou repertoire de ce type
(my translation)
open: No file or directory of this type

Then, it is followed by:

Output error: AudioOutput: timed-out opening '/dev/sound/dsp'.

Of course, /dev/sound/dsp exists and is rwx for the mythtv user.

Ok, now the details on my installation:

Gentoo
Kernel 2.6.7
UDEV (no devfs at all)
ALSA (no OSS)
MythTV 0.15.1
MythMusic

I have sound when I am playing a DVD and I can play files with xmms
using ALSA 1.2 plugin.

What is going wrong with MythMusic?