[mythtv-users] Can mythtv handle two dumb capture cards?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Thu Jul 22 13:33:06 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 18:56, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 12:39 pm, Maarten wrote:

> The default for logging to a file is off.  If some packagers change that,
> that's their decision, but it doesn't change the fact that the default is
> off.  There'd be a command line option to _disable_ logging if the default
> was on.

Fine. Isaac, you're the boss, so I must be wrong.
But please note that the default I'm talking about is to be found in the
start-script in the 0.14 tarball, and my guess is, you're the packager.

I think it is far-fetching to state that it is off by default.  The
compiled-in defaults are not the only thing that matter, the included config
files play just as important a role.  Besides, mythbackend IS verbose by
default; you need to disable its chatting by adding '-v quiet' to have it
shut up for real.

Maarten

> Isaac

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.