[mythtv-users] controlling a dishnetwork receiver

Jason Elwell elwell at smartlp.com
Thu Jul 22 23:38:27 EDT 2004

I have seen several people report trouble in building the amplified
transmitter.  I have personally built several of the 'simple
transmitters' which have worked flawlessly for me.  I may be wrong, but
the only downside I could see to the 'simple transmitter' is its range.
Typically I get less than 3 feet, depending n the receiver.  For me,
range doesnt matter because I have my transmitter mounted about 1 inch
in front of my cable box.  Take a look at the transmitters I built:
http://www.htpcskins.com/pics/IRTransmitter1a.jpg
http://www.htpcskins.com/pics/IRTransmitter2a.jpg

-Jason
PS: I still have a few extra of these.  If you dont want to build your
own, I can send you one for $20 shipped.