[mythtv-users] Lirc 0.7.0 and the grey Hauppauge remote

Gideon N. Guillen gideong at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:31:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:01:31 +0200, Mark Maas <mark at menem.mine.nu> wrote:
> But I cant? Error's are almost flying me past my head when I issue
> the infamous: "make" command... ;-)
>
> So I was wondering if anyone had already compiled, and if so If that
> person would like to share. Perhaps even, someone made a package out
> of it?

Well, since I just figured out what's the problem on my end, give you
a list of things to do before compiling lirc:

1.  Have a copy of the kernel's source somewhere.
2.  Make sure you have <PATH_TO_KERNEL_DIR>/include/linux/version.h
You can produce this by making sure you have a properly configured
.config and do make mrproper, then run make bzImage just for a while
then kill it. (Any suggestions on a better way to do this?)
3.  Also, make sure EXTRAVERSION on you kernel Makefile doesn't have
any additional stuff, meaning, what's ever in there should look the
same as "uname -r".  Problem usually for Red Hat/Fedora based distros.
:(

After doing the things above, your set. Compile lirc again and tell us
what happens.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong at gmail.com