[mythtv-users] program guide not working after xine

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 24 09:11:36 EDT 2004

Hello all.  I asked this question and got the reply that it is because the
program guide doesn't have the focus.  I have come to the thought that this
might not be the problem.  But I still cannot figure this one out.  I have no
problem traversing the program guide as long as I don't view a dvd or vcd using
xine.  Once xine has been loaded I get one push of a arrow key in the program
guide.  So the program guide will scroll once in any direction but thats it.  I
have to exit Myth to get the guide to work again.  I really don't think this is
an issue with focus since I get one keypress.  All the buttons work in all the
other modules (setup, weather, and stuff).  I'm not sure where else to look at
this point.

Just so everyone knows.  I've tried KDE, GNOME, XFCE, and Ratpoison all them
don't use "click to focus" so only the mouse has to be over the window to give
it focus.  Also I have set auto raise set and none of them work.

Stephen