[mythtv-users] TV Out quality problems (nvidia)

Michael Wright mikewright at iprimus.com.au
Sun Jul 25 08:49:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 19:49, Ville Vehvilainen wrote:
> This is probably the reason. I had the same problem with my MSI K7N2G
> board. Couldn't find a solution, and bought a cheap GeForceFX 5200 which
> solved the crappy color reproduction. Also got a DVI interface as a
> bonus. I'm afraid that the jerky motion issues are impossible to fully
> solve (except by using a PVR350?) at this time; see any number of recent
> threads for more information.

I would say that the motion issue is not impossible to fully solve.  In
fact I posted an "in-principle" solution using MPlayer to demonstrate.
See the following.  The solution is to use OpenGL VSYNC and Bob
de-interlacing.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/74698

I have seen other people say this is solved be putting an interlaced
mode into their XF86Config file.  I have not tried this yet.  You would
still need OpenGL VSYNC though.

Michael.