[mythtv-users] Program Guide and Recording Playback problems

Jon McLennan ca_buki at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 19:58:11 EDT 2004

I've spent the entire weekend getting Fedora Core 1 and MythTV-0.15
installed. Well, that only took a few hours. The rest of the time has
been spent trying to figure out why I can watch TV, but the EPG shows
nothing but Unknown for all shows. But when I use MythWeb, I see all
the show info.

My situation is this: I live in Belgium and since there is no grabber,
I chose the grabber for Holland and selected no channels during setup.
Then, I setup a script to download the epg info from nerdhero.org and
have mythfilldatabase use that file to populate the recordings. (Dutch
instructions here: http://nerdhero.org/index.php/Howtos/MythTV) The
basics of it are: he runs tv_grab_be_tvb and creates guide.xml.gz. My
script (which I copied from him), grabs that file, unzips it and then
runs mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 guide.xml. It all seems to work,
exept for the program guide. I can't figure it out and from all the
searching on the web and in the archives, no one else can either.

The other problem I have is just as perplexing. I created
/video/recordings to hold all of my recordings (go figure). Using
MythWeb, I was able to record a show, but when I go to Watch
Recordings,  it says, "Sorry, No Recordings Available." I checked in
/video/recordings and there is a file there
(1004_20040726000500_20040726010000.nuv). MythWeb can't see this file
either. I couldn't find anything in the archives about this.

Any help on these problems would be appreciated.

Jon