[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] CIFS + Fedora Core 1 + Jarrod's guide?

ANthony anthonybenjamin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 02:10:39 EDT 2004

Alright, thanks to Ijaaz for putting me on the right track. Just
thought I'd post the conclusion for the archive's sake... After the
patch has been applied, make menuconfig, select CIFS in the
Filesystems->Networking, save and exit, make dep, make modules, copy
the cifs.o file into your current kernel's module directory
(/lib/modules), make sure its executable, edit your fstab, changing
all smbfs to cifs mounts, reboot.

Watch in joy as all of your 4GB+ files on your Windows boxen
read/transfer correctly.

Thanks again :)