[mythtv-users] mythDVD playback problem

Mark Maas mark at menem.mine.nu
Wed Jul 28 03:42:02 EDT 2004

Sperlongano Brian M NPRI wrote:

>I have a rather interesting problem with getting MythDVD working properly.  I am able to launch DVD playback from the console, using xine or mplayer or ogle (all three work).  However, when I launch any of these three  players from *within* MythDVD, using the *exact same* command specified in the MythDVD setup, the program comes up for a few seconds, and before playback begins, the program crashes and returns to the MythDVD menu.  I get the same thing no matter which player I try to use.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
> Brian

Are you perhaps by any chance using the PVR350's tv-out?
It would explain this.

As the PVR350's tv-out does not support xvideo. It's just a simple
framebuffer device.

To get everything working, you will unfortunatly have to use the tv-out
of a real video-card. A video card usually *does* have xvideo support.