[mythtv-users] Ways to improve TV Out quality[Scanned]

Jason Keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Thu Jul 29 10:53:20 EDT 2004

On July 29, 2004 11:24 am, Mark Maas wrote:
> > Functionality 1st, security 2nd in this case... sorry.
>
> You're lucky i've got a pacemaker... Or you would be hearing from my
> lawyer.
>
> BTW, what was your IP again? ;-) I already got some usernames...

I have to agree with the poster, I have my myth set up similarly.

Who cares about security in this case?  What is the absolute worst that you
could do (assuming you can get onto my home LAN to log into it), erase my TV
shows? It's not like a myth box contains vital, secure data.

Auto log-in is a requirement for a useable myth setup IMO. Otherwise when the
power goes out / the box is moved / the system crashes etc etc you're stuck
at a login screen instead of a useable television. And if you are not home,
then you later on suffer the wrath of your family.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley:  LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson