[mythtv-users] MythTV on older system?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Jul 29 11:17:38 EDT 2004

 	...and does give some advanced quality-enhancing options to cheaper
non-mpeg encoding hardware.  For a 350MHz PII, you should be able to do
on-the-fly deinterlacing or denoising, but it'll take most of the CPU to do it.

 	I can say that I've done mythtv on a dual Celeron 300->450 with a
software-only capture card.  Watching TV wasn't really doable for more than a
proof of concept.  I had to reduce the resolution to something quite low.  With
a PVR-250 and a video card with XV support, you should be able to
simultaneously record/watch.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*