[mythtv-users] Re: State of IvyTV Fedora Core 2 Support?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Jul 29 12:15:25 EDT 2004

On 7/29/2004 4:36 AM, Joe . wrote:

> having received my pvr 250 yesterday and spent all evening trying to
> get ivtv working, i'm giving up and going to fedora core 1 :(

Sorry you had troubles.  Setting up with Jarod's guide on FC1 is
definitely easier.

> after getting the 2.6.7 vanilla kernel, i tried to the cvs and stable
> releases of ivtv with no joy (started off with loads of errors, sorted
> some things out, but eventually hit a brick wall which i didn't know
> how to get past). then i tried the atrpms packages (which
> automatically switched my kernel too), and got reasonably far, but the
> ivtv module WOULD NOT load ('dmesg | grep ivtv' showed an error saying
> that tveeprom could not be loaded or something), so no /dev/video0.

Which PVR-250 do you have?  If it is an MCE you will need to run recent
ivtv drivers.  I use ck99e on FC2.

> i spent some time in #mythtv-users getting help from Beirdo (thanks
> very much btw, very kind of you), but after a string of problems (and
> not being able to find a way to fix them), i downloaded the fc1 isos.
> at least this means i can just follow jarod's guide to the letter,
> i'll leave fc2 to those with a bit more experience for now :)

FC2 and MythTV support is getting there, but FC1 just plain worked when
I was using it.  I just wanted to try the latest with the pcHDTV card,
so I am using FC2 with PVR-250's and a pcHDTV.

--
David