[mythtv-users] Help wit recording profiles WTF am I doing wrong?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jul 29 16:46:49 EDT 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2004 15:51, Josh Burks wrote:
>
>>>   One other quick question.  Is there any way to abort a recording
>>>in progress?  The only way I've been able to do it is to go to the
>>>info for the active recording and select "Dont record....",
>>>shutdown the frontend, then shutdown the backend.  There has to be
>>>a simpler way of doing this...isn't there?
>>
>>Go to "TV->Delete Recordings" and delete it from there. Problem
>>solved.
>

> Go to 'Watch Recordings' or 'Delete Recordings'.  Press 'M' or
> right-arrow.   Choose 'Stop Recording'.

Right, and just to clarify if it isn't obvious, Delete stops
recording and removes the file, Stop keeps the file and updates
the endtime to the time when it was stopped. In either case, if
you go back to the conflicts page and press Enter on the item,
there will be a button for "Reactivate". This can be useful if
a recording is going badly (or not going at all) or if you want
to change the profile or endoffset time.

--  bjm