[mythtv-users] Weird problem with MythMusic

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 29 20:44:40 EDT 2004

Brad wrote:

> I've got MythTV up and running (more or less) on my Pundit box. I
> think its fantastic, by the way. But I'm trying to iron out some
> problems, the weirdest one is that, if I go into "Listen to Music" the
> list of songs just quickly scrolls around and around (without any
> keypresses) and I can't stop it. If I keep pounding on the "ESC" key,
> eventually it will kick me back out to the previous menu. But if I
> don't manage to get out of the Music screen then eventually the
> computer will just hang.
>
> I thought maybe it had something to do with my remote (a PVR-250
> Grey), but it doesn't seem to make any difference if I use keyboard
> (and hide the remote to prevent stray IR signals).
>
> Any ideas?

More likely your music files are corrupt or "empty."  Did you "Import a
CD" with Myth?  Did it take only a couple of seconds?  If so, your CD
drive is not properly configured and you're importing "empty" files
(only a few hundred bytes or a couple of kilobytes per song).  Take a
look at the files in your music directory and verify that they're
believable sizes (i.e. 30 - 50MB for "perfect quality" FLAC, 10-20MB for
"high quality" Ogg Vorbis, etc.).

For example, on Linux 2.4 with IDE SCSI emulation, you may not be
that even without the sg module, you would be able to identify disks
(and get the freedb CD data for the disk) and even play DVD's with
MythDVD (assuming it's a DVD drive), but MythMusic's import/play a CD
won't work.  (Does it sound like I'm speaking from personal experience? :)

HTH.

Mike