[mythtv-users] backend 4x pvr250 MB advice

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Fri Jul 30 10:39:23 EDT 2004

  Personally though I'd spread
> the PVR-250's out amongst the frontends (and this would also give you
> flexbility in that you'd have the ability to swap one or two out for
> digital cards - I don't think Linux/Myth likes you mixing TV cards with
> DVB cards).

I guess I could put a pvr250 in a frontend but that would mean recording
and playback over nfs at the same time for live-tv (the frontends have
to be diskless). Anyone doing this?

It would also mean using a bigger case for the frontend. I was going to
use silverstone LC05 cases but they won't hold a pci card.