[mythtv-users] backend 4x pvr250 MB advice

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Jul 30 11:42:06 EDT 2004

> I'm trying to set-up a backend with 4 PVR250 cards (will be serving 7
> diskless frontends). Anybody out there with such a configuration? Any
> ideas what motherboard features would be needed for this (4 PCI slots, I
> know :-). Anything else I should look out for?

I've got a 2xPVR-250, 2xM179 system on a Intel D865PERLL motherboard.
4x250GB connected to a 3ware 7500-4LP setup as a RAID-5.  Rock solid.

Intel makes a 6PCI motherboard as well - D865G series.  Comes with
built-in graphics (but also has AGP if you want). For a backend you
don't need anything special video wise.

Get a good power supply - I'm using a Zalman 300W and no issues there
either.