[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial + Fedora core 2

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 13:01:34 EDT 2004

Can someone send me a modprobe.conf with the correct settings to get lirc_serial installed with
options to set IRQ and IO addr and call setserial to release uart before inserting lirc_serial?

when I type modprobe lirc_serial I get the following:

[mythtv at mythbackend mythtv]$ /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
WARNING: Error inserting lirc_dev (/lib/modules/2.6.6-MythTv/misc/lirc_dev.ko): Operation not
permitted
FATAL: Error inserting lirc_serial (/lib/modules/2.6.6-MythTv/misc/lirc_serial.ko): Operation not
permitted

Any Suggestions?