[mythtv-users] MythMusic mangling meta-data for existing oggs

Dave Steinberg dave at taro.homeip.net
Sat Jul 31 00:32:30 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've got an existing collection of ogg vorbis files that I would like to
use in mythmusic.  I've been ripping my CDs for quite some time using a
perl script, which just executes cdparanoia and oggenc to do the ripping
and encoding.

Unfortunately, it seems that myth is ignoring or mangling the meta-data.
The worst thing is that the artist's name is being repeated in the title.
The genre, year, and tracknum are also being dropped.

For example, here's the command-line that was used to encode one file
(with input piped directly from cdparanoia):

oggenc -q 4 -o "Alanis Morissette - Mary Jane.ogg" -a "Alanis Morissette" \
  -t "Mary Jane" -N 9 -G "Rock" -d "1995" -l "Jagged Little Pill"

Here's what it looks like when I play it with ogg123:

Audio Device:   OSS audio driver output

Playing: Alanis Morissette - Mary Jane.ogg
Ogg Vorbis stream: 2 channel, 44100 Hz
Title: Mary Jane
Artist: Alanis Morissette
Genre: Rock