[mythtv-users] mythbackend 0.15 crash

Mark mark_kendall at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 1 17:11:20 EDT 2004

> I'm using the debian packages provided by Matt Zimmerman (sterling
> work - thanks!).  However since upgrading from 0.14-6 mythbackend has
> started crashing sometimes.... It seems to happen just after a
> reschedule caused by a recording ending...
>
> I'm running two nova-t dvb-t cards.  I import the xmltv data from
> tv_grab_dvb once an hour - (the grabber starts on the hour and
> typically finishes at about 10 past).

Nick

How long have you been running tv_grab_dvb? The reason I ask is that I have
a very similar setup - 2 nova-t's and using the dvb grabber - and went
through the same problem.

My setup was stable for about 2 months until I started working with the
tv_grab_dvb grabber a few weeks back. I hadn't changed anything else in
those 2 months and couldn't remember the last time I'd had a crash - 2
remote frontends and 1 local. Suddenly I started to get fairly frequent
backend crashes - usually when recordings ended and when I stopped watching
recordings (and deleted them). I assumed I had corrupted the database
somehow - I hadn't touched the main installation.

By the time I got around to investigating (about a week), it stopped and
hasn't happened again since. I still can't come up with any rational
explanation for what caused it - but maybe, just maybe, give it a few
days...

No doubt an aimless shot in the dark!

Regards

Mark

(P.S. This was using CVS from early March, now upgraded to 0.15)