[mythtv-users] Random crashes and defunct processes with 0.15

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Wed Jun 2 13:26:45 EDT 2004

I upgraded to 0.15 on my RH 9 mythtv box last week using Axel's RPMS
(atrpms). However I am having random crashes of the backend while
watching TV and sometimes during recordings.  And also, there is always
a <defunct> mythfrontend process sitting there. I completely rebooted
the system yesterday and the defunct mythfrontend process gets spawned
again. (after the *running* one in PID order)..

 2136 ?        S     12:30 /usr//bin/mythfrontend
 2141 ?        Z      0:00 [mythfrontend <defunct>]

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/