[mythtv-users] Black screen after EPG

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Thu Jun 3 05:57:54 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Sorry for all these questions over the last few days!  Things are
looking really good but there are still one or two niggling issues.

If I use a PVR-350 TV-Out setup, things work pretty well, however,
when I close the EPG I get a black screen.  Everything is still
working and I get sound but no picture until I press a key that
brings up something on the display, like I or MUTE or M for the
onscreen menu.  Then I get the video picture back.

I've read a bit about alpha and stuff, and tried various calls to
ivtvfbtl, but nothing sorts it out.  Has anyone else seen this same
problem, or does anyone know how to stop it?

Setup is ivtv 0.1.9a and the ivtvfbdev X driver, mythtv CVS from this
weekend, Gentoo, stock 2.4.26 kernel with v4l2 and i2c 2.8.0 patches.

Thanks,

       Steve

--
Stephen Longhurst