[mythtv-users] How hot is your system?

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Thu Jun 3 06:11:25 EDT 2004

Hi all,

My recent foray into building an HTPC was the first PC I've ever
built, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

I've got a 2.8Ghz P4 with Zalman flower cooler, Nvidia MX440, 1
PVR-350, 1 PVR-250, a Nebula DigiTV, 2 HD's (80Gb + 120Gb) and an NEC
DVDrw all in a Kanam Accent HTPC case.

The CPU runs at about 48 degrees Celsius normally. It goes up to about
55 when I start compiling stuff and I have seen it at over 60 when I
tried to load it a bit for testing. I don't know what the case
temperature is, but it never feels all that hot.

Does this sound like a reasonable temperature for the CPU?  It seems
happy enough and isn't unstable at all, but like I said, I've never
built a PC before.

Cheers,

       Steve

--