[mythtv-users] strange font problem

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Thu Jun 3 08:22:05 EDT 2004

Has anyone notice that something strange happens to the fonts on Fedora
Core 1 and MythTV config? This has happened twice on 2 different FC1
box's with the same hardware. I am not sure what the problem is exactly
but the dpi resolution seems to be off because my fonts look really bad
now. Steps to reproduce would be.
1. MythTV installed verbatim from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv
2. NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 64MB AGP
3. AverTV Tuner card
4. Gigabyte mobo GA-600VT-L
5. snippet from my XF86Config file:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "NvAGP" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
        Option      "TwinView"
        Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
        Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
        Option      "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024; 1024x768,1024x768"
#       Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, TV"
6. snippet from my modules.conf file:
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias eth0 8139too
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.4 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

The problems are, no sound in Live TV only for MythTV and the fonts on
the entire system are not right (seems like dpi problem). Any help guys?

Shawn Flynn wrote:

>Bryan Halter wrote:
>

>>I upgraded to .15 and though MythTV records programs correctly when I
>>try to view the TV listings it says "no data" for all stations.  How do
>>I fix this?
>>

>Re-run mythtvsetup. Answer 'no' to the 'clear capture card data' question,
>and answer 'yes' to the 'clear program data'. Then run mythfilldatabase.
>That should bring everything back to normal.

                         115 Richfield Road
               Williamsville, New York 14221
                            716-553-8525