[mythtv-users] irrecord works, irw doesn't

Cotter, Paul M. pcotter at kmzr.com
Thu Jun 3 09:32:54 EDT 2004

I'm running Knoppmyth (currently - I've been switching back and forth
between that and the fedora core using Jarod's guide), with an X10 Lola
remote.  When I run irrecord, it recognizes the remote and I can
generate a config file.  But when I run irw and press a button, nothing
registers.  lircd is running.

Anyone have any ideas?  I've read through the man pages for lircd, irw
and irrecord, and the lirc docs, but I can't find out what irrecord and
irw do differently.

Paul

Important:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing,
copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to
legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify the sender, by electronic
mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original
message without making any copies.