[mythtv-users] Frontend playback issue

Troy Roberts troy at pdaverticals.com
Thu Jun 3 14:02:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a setup with a single backend supporting multiple frontends.
When watching recorded programs on a remote frontend the palyback will
often just 'stop' and then myth returns to the recorder programs menu -
I can re-select the same program and start the playback again only to
have the same thing happen, but at different locations - it seems like
the backend is not sending the data fast or consistently enough and so
the frontend is stopping playback.  I am able to watch the same
recordings on the backend machine with no interruptions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx,
Troy

backend/frontend setup:
   P4 2.6GHz
   1GB DDR 400 RAM
   250GB EIDE disk
   100Mb/s ethernet connected via a 100Mb/s switch
   3 x PVR-350 capture cards
   GFX-440 video

remote frontend setup
   P4 2.0GHz
   512MB RAM
   80GB EIDE disk
   100Mb/s ethernet connected via 100Mb/s switch
   GFX-440 video