[mythtv-users] Severely squashed playback after upgrade to 0.15

Jason E Miller jasonm at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 3 16:49:54 EDT 2004

Reinstalling GATOS was a good suggestion but, unfortunately,
didn't solve the problem.  After almost a week of scouring all
the setup options and removing and reinstalling various packages,
I found my problem.  In the Display section of my XF86Config
file, I had an entry that looked like this:

    DisplaySize   660    4800

So MythTV thought that I was using a TV that was 26 inches wide
and 16 *feet* tall.  When I changed it to "660  480" everything
worked again.  I have no idea whether this got corrupted recently
or whether it has always been wrong and my previous setup ignored
it.  One of the reasons that this was confusing was that I only
got a squashed display when I tried to playback video.  My normal
X display (including the GUI) looked fine.  Anyway, if anyone has
strange aspect ratio problems, they should check their XF86Config
file.

	-Jason