[mythtv-users] Severely squashed playback after upgrade to 0.15

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 4 02:08:04 EDT 2004

>     DisplaySize   660    4800
>
> So MythTV thought that I was using a TV that was 26 inches wide
> and 16 *feet* tall.  When I changed it to "660  480" everything
> worked again.  I have no idea whether this got corrupted recently
> or whether it has always been wrong and my previous setup ignored
> it.  One of the reasons that this was confusing was that I only

The code was changed sometime 3-4 months ago to use these values to know
what the aspect ratio of your display and video window are to properly
scale the video.  For example, this allows you to run a 16:9 video window
on a 4:3 display displaying a 4:3 aspect recording and have the video
properly scaled inside the window.

--

Chris