[mythtv-users] Double Lirc Keystroke Navigating in MythTV

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jun 4 11:44:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:04:55AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 05:58:14PM -0500, Dave and Lisa Hofstra wrote:
>
> > I have always had double keystrokes on my navigation keys on my remote
> > control in CERTAIN parts of MythTV.  This has not been so much of an
> > issue before (just VERY annoying), but now that Myth is setup to use
> > right arrows and left arrows to select and/or exit certain menus, it has
> > become a bigger problem for me.
>
> I've noticed the same thing.  It's probably the cheap remote
> that came with the PVR-350, but the effect of the doubled
> left/right arrow presses causes a lot more trouble than it did
> in 0.14.  I looked throught the setup to try to find a way to
> disable use of left arrow to exit a menu, but it doesn't appear
> to be configurable.

After reading the rest of your double-keystroke story, what I'm
seeing isn't the same thing.  I don't get double keystrokes
consistently.  The basic cause of my problem is either wonkey
buttons or a wonkey thumb.  On 0.14, it wasn't a problem
becuase a doubled or tripled "left" didn't back you completely
out to the "exit Myth?" screen.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com